Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today I learned my lesson . . .

Well, I woke up this morning and my fingers and the palm of my hand felt numb. And occasionally when I pulled something out of a drawer, or picked up a toy off the floor, the sharp shooting pain returned to my forearm. Blasted carpal tunnel! By noon I was cringing when I went to pick up the bag of bread to make the kids' sandwiches. ~Owie~ I had looked high and low for my wrist brace and had no luck finding it. I had to bite the bullet and get a new one.

Eez preetty, no?

I was told a few years back that I am supposed to wear it to bed and when I'm on the computer. But after awhile I got out of the habit and then when we moved I couldn't find it . . . and here I am again. I bumped into my "substitute" doctor at the boo-boo aisle at the store and she gave me a few reprimands and pointers. I'm on light and limited tasks only for the next day or so until it has a chance to rest.

Bummer. :(

 So my plan is to learn something absolutely fascinating tomorrow that I can write about in two paragraphs or less. And hope for marshmallows on Friday.

So aside from learning to behave myself and be good about wearing my brace,
I also learned to make sure ALL of the groceries are put away FOR SURE
BeFoRe letting our house bunny out to play.

Because tonight I came into the kitchen and my bunny had his entire upper body
inside one of my reusable grocery bags. The only thing I could see was
his big ole feet and the tail atop his furry behind.
I thought it was funny until I tapped my foor on the floor twice
(the "come" command) and he exited the bag with a sack of carrots!


THAT LITTLE WASCAL!

So he got a time-out - back into his pen,
and I have to pick up some fresh carrots for my cowboy mashed potatoes tomorrow.

As far as my wrist progress goes...
I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Yuck! I don't even want to know how you go to the bathroom if you're right handed! LOL! It's sad that that's the first thing I thought of. Ha! Ha!
And I want you to know that I said "Eez preety, no?" in a French accent. I knew you'd appreciate knowing that.
I sure hope you feel better and I can't wait to see how your marshmallow experiment goes.
Hugs
Kim

The Learner said...

LoL! That's funny because I thought of that, too. I bend the leave-it-on rule for bathroom breaks or anything that would goober it up.

And I said it with a French accent, too. ;)

Post a Comment

You put your input in! You take some insight out! You put your input in and you shaaake it all abooout...